Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Centralized news repository

Vote:

For a new project my customer wants to share news items between 20 websites. The setup will be multi-lingual but in a one-language-per-website way. I am looking for the best approach to do this and have come with the following ideas:

1. Create a separate folder for the news outside all the websites containing the news pages. Each news page will contain a property (e.g. checkboxes) to determine on which site the news is to be shown. Downfall is that this will cause unwanted urls (not following site structure) unless we build a special urlrewriter.

2. Create a separate folder for the news outside all the websites containing the news pages. To use a news article on a specific website a news article needs to be made in that location too but referring to one in the repository. Downfall is that it takes more clicks to accomplish and the editor can also choose to not refer to the repository and create an article outside the repository.

3. The site uses Composer 4R2. News is created on each website itself and the news text is set up as a main block on the page. This block is that saved as a global block to be used on news articles for toher websites. Using the global blocks as a 'large' news repository seems a bit uncontrolable though.s

4. The site uses Composer 4R2 create a separate folder for the news outside all the websites containing the news pages.  News is created on each website itself and the news text is is set up as a block referring to a news article in the reporitory folder. This allows the editor to reuse text on multiple websites coming from a centralized news repository, whilst still having the possiblity to determine other content on the news page for that specific website.

I am really looking forward to your opinions and best practices regarding this subject. Other ideas are very much welcomed.

Regards,

Sandor

Sep 14, 2012 15:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.