Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Scheduled Job interference issue

Vote:

Hi,

I have three scheduled jobs say A,B and C. Scheduled job 'A' runs at one time of the day whereas B and C runs every hour. Job 'A' takes some time to execute successfully where as B and C takes mediocre time to get executed. Is there a possibility that when one job is executing and other jobs starts . Will the intereference between two jobs cause any issue. Because what I found was when ' A' job was executing 'B' got started and 'A' job rolled back it seems and also 'B' job stopped.Same happened for job 'C'.

When I again reset the jobs 'B' and 'C' it ran successfully automatically.

Is this possible because of the interference between jobs?

Regards,

S.K. SreeRaghavendra

Sep 02, 2011 9:27
Vote:

My experiencee is that you shouldn't use the EPiServer scheduler for big jobs as there are reliability issues. Better to write a wwindows service or use the windows scheduler.

-Alexander Haneng
Making Waves 

Sep 02, 2011 11:08
Vote:

Sep 02, 2011 13:14
Vote:

Hi Alexander,

So do you mean that the Jobs does cause intereference as a result there is an impact caused during the execution of EPIServer Scheduled Jobs.

Regards,

S.K. Sreeraghavendra

Sep 02, 2011 13:16
Vote:

Hi,

There are several issues with the scheduler, but it is especially bad at long running jobs.

-Alex

Sep 07, 2011 13:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.