Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Missing flags in the pagetree selector in edit mode

Vote:

Hello

I am missing some flags for certain languages in the dropdown for showing the pagetree in a different language.

When i look in admin mode under config->manage website languages, the missing flags seems to correspond with the languages that are missing a system icon. When i choose to edit a language i can alter the template icon but not the system icon.
(Where languages have both template and system icon, the icons always looks the same, probably same file used) 

Where do i edit the system icon for a language, can it be done in admin mode or is it a config setting?

Is it system icon that is used in the pagetree selector or do i have to look elsewhere?

/jonas

Sep 02, 2011 12:56
Vote:

First, check that the URLs to the images are really correct (the ones you can edit there). I had this problem once when I upgraded from CMS 4 to CMS 5 and the urls were simply incorrect.

There are also some URLs stored in the SytemIconPath column in the tblLanguageBranch table of the DB, perhaps you can correct it there.

Sep 02, 2011 14:48
Vote:

Ok, i can't check the URLs for the system icon because the only things i can edited for a language is name, enabled, template icon, web adress prefix and access level. The path for the template icons are correct though.

Or am i looking in the wrong place?

I looked in admin mode->config->manage website languages and when i select a language there is no textbox for system icon URL.

I can always look i the db, but it seems odd that you shouldn't be able to edit the system icons without tapping in to the db.

Thanks for you help!

/jonas

Sep 02, 2011 15:10
Vote:

Hi,

The icon files are located in this folder:
C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\6.0.530.0\Application\App_Themes\Default\Images\Flags

Have you checked that there is a .gif file present for each of your active language codes?

Karoline

Sep 03, 2011 12:46
Vote:

Hi Karoline,

Sorry for not answering before, i haven't had time to check it out but i'm sure it will solve my problem.

Thank You!

/Jonas

Sep 08, 2011 15:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.