Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Port for Mirroring

Vote:

Hi all

The situation is, that we have an external web server (website) and an internal, intranet server behind our firewall, for our intranet.

We wish to mirror content, in that it is PUSHED from the external web server, into the Intranet server. Both Episerver, both enterprise licenses etc.

In terms of connectivity, we have a VPN tunnel between the firewall at the ISP, and our firewall here, to allow the traffic. We also have a NAT address set up, with a domain name, so that we have a domain name to connect to.

My question is this. Exactly what port number is used for mirroring? I've been told by our supplier that it's a UDP port rather than TCP, but as yet, I've not been able to find the port number required by our network team.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

James Lacey

Apr 08, 2011 14:29
Vote:

Hi,

if we are talking about CMS 6 then you can use any port you like as the solution is WCF based and therefore configurable from web.config. By default port 80 is used. You can find more about mirroring and changing the WCF endpoints here http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-60/Mirroring/

Apr 11, 2011 10:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.