Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiple country sites in one site

Vote:

I'm looking at a new EPiServer CMS 6 project which will involve several country sites. They will share the same set of templates and project code so I'm envisioning a single EPiServer site with a structure like this:

--> Global landing page (en-GB)
----> UK Home (en-GB)
------> UK top level page A (en-GB)
------> UK top level page B (en-GB)
------> etc...
----> France Home (fr)
------> France top level page C (fr)
------> France top level page D (fr)
------> etc... 

The French site is not a translation of the UK site, it has completely independent content and structure, and content is in French.

Is this a structure supported (and condoned) by EPiServer? I think the only alternative is to have multiple sites (and multple enterprise licenses) but that seems like overkill.

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Apr 06, 2011 23:02
Vote:

Hi Jonathan!

I think that you are correct in the statement that if you want several languages that appear as different sites (and with different URL:s) then you need to go for an enterprise solution.

Apr 07, 2011 7:19
Vote:

Hi Linus,

Thanks for the reply. What I really want to know is whether it's possible to have sections of the same site in different languages. Something along the lines of:

mysite.com (start page - language is English)
--mysite.com/uk (level 2 sub page - language is English)
--mysite.com/france (level 2 sub page - language is French)
--mysite.com/spain(level 2 sub page - language is Spanish)

I really want to find out if this is a structure that will work with CMS 6. And are there any reasons for avoiding this structure?

Apr 07, 2011 12:20
Vote:

There should be no problem having sub structures of the site that only exists on one (or several but not all) languages. You can define language settings for the level two pages that define which language(s) should be available for that part of the site. In this case, all pages/language parts will be visible in the edit mode page tree but with indication that's it's not active for the selected langauge (language drop down under the pag tree).

If you want to automatically redirect the user to a specific part (language) for the site when the start page is loaded you need to validate if this is a valid case for a standard license or if an enterprise license is needed. I'm not that into that license model to answer that question so I suggest that you ask your EPiServer sales representative.

Apr 07, 2011 12:32
Vote:

That's great thanks.

Apr 07, 2011 12:40
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.