Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

New installation - StaticFileModule - bad module

Vote:

I'm trying to set up a solution on a new 64 bit windows 2008 R2 VM. I've installed IIS and Episerver and added my solution.

The solution is build on Framework 4.

The page appears, however no images or css is loaded from my solution.

Similar error messages I've found on google says that I have to use

aspnet_regiis -i

This is done both on Framework 4.... and Framework64 4....

The errormessage goes like this:

HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Handler "StaticFileHandler" has a bad module "StaticFileModule" in its module list

Requested URL http://ajour.spama.no:80/templates/ajour/styles/ajour/css/style.css

Managed handler is used; however, ASP.NET is not installed or is not installed completely.

There is a typographical error in the configuration for the handler module list.

Install ASP.NET if you are using managed handler.

Ensure that the handler module's name is specified correctly. Module names are case-sensitive and use the format modules="StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule,DirectoryListingModule".

In advance thank for help!

Kind regards,

Jon Haakon

Mar 30, 2011 9:29
Vote:

The error message seems to be outlining the issue quite well. Check that ASP.Net is installed on the machine and also that the IIS has it installed. To check the features for the IIS do the following:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  2. In Control Panel, click Programs and Features, and then click Turn Windows Features on or off.
  3. Expand Internet Information Services, then World Wide Web Services, then Application Development Features.

Mar 30, 2011 11:36
Vote:

Actually what caused my problem was that I had forgot to add the role "Application Server" and features on the role "Webserver" which enable dynamic and static content.

Mar 31, 2011 10:06
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.