Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Editor on page Get value and IE 9 issue

Vote:

I'v got an editor on a pblic page and need to get the entered value in codebehind.

In CMS 5 we used:

string body = "";
SetValuesForPropertyControls(myHtmlEditor);
body = myHtmlEditor.PropertyValue as string;

But SetValuesForPropertyControls doesn't seem to exist in CMS 6, what is the soulution there?

Also have I noticed that after installing IE9 the buttons in the Editor doesn't work, when I have the editor on a page, it still works in EPi.
If I switch to compability mode it works. Any ideas?

Mar 25, 2011 13:45
Vote:

SetValuesForPropertyControls still exists on PageBase. Perhaps your inside a user control or have a page that does not inherit from a PageBase-derived class?

Mar 25, 2011 14:40
Vote:

Yes we have the editor on a usercontrol.

Mar 25, 2011 14:44
Vote:

So, just cast the page to a PageBase and call the method ((PageBase)Page).SetValuesForPropertyControl([some control])

Mar 25, 2011 14:55
Vote:

Thanx that worked fine, had a validation issue as well but that was solved with setting the requestValidationMode to 2.0 we are currently running in .NET 4.0

Any ideas on the IE9 issue or is it something that will be solved in R2?

Mar 29, 2011 7:37
Vote:

We have not tested the CMS 5 editor in other than IE7Legacy mode as far as I know. I'd suggest that you either set the page to legacy mode or change editor as it's unlikely that we spend a lot of time fixing the CMS 5 editor for site usage. EPiServer CMS 6 R2 comes with a pretty new version of TinyMCE which is tested in IE9/IE8 document mode.

Mar 29, 2011 8:32
Vote:

Did you mean the CMS 6 or 5 editor, because the issue we have is with the editor in CMS 6?

Mar 29, 2011 8:36
Vote:

There are two editors in EPiServer CMS 6: TinyMCE and the (legacy) editor called "EPiServer CMS 5 editor". If you have upgraded a CMS 5 site without changing configuration you are probably running the CMS 5 editor. We recommend people to "upgrade" to the TinyMCE editor if possible since this produces more valid output and works with a log more browsers. If this is not an option I would set the IE7legacy tag (that's what we do in the CMS editor UI).

Mar 29, 2011 9:37
Vote:

No its a clean install of CMS 6 and we are using TinyMCE

Mar 29, 2011 9:40
Vote:

Ok. The TinyMCE version that exists in EPiServer CMS 6 is not fully IE9 compatible. The version in CMS 6 R2 is though so you have three options here:

1. Set legacy mode for the document.
  2. Download a newer version of TinyMCE and use this for your templates.
  3. Wait for the release of EPiServer CMS 6 R2 and upgrade to get a TinyMCe version that supports IE9.
Mar 29, 2011 9:44
Vote:

Thanx for the tips. The site isn't going live until this summer so we where planing to update to R2 before that.
But good to know that it will work then.

Mar 29, 2011 9:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.