Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with EPiServerFramework not installed

Vote:

Hi,

I have "inherited" a development environment set ut by someone else. Now I'm trying to install EPiMail but the installation fail with the following error:

Error - EPiServerFramework installation directory was not found

From admin mode I can tell that the CMS version is 6.0.530.0. After digging around a bit I found the EPi Powershell cmdlet that seems to fail and ran it separately. The cmdlet is Get-EPiProductInformation but the weird thing is that it returns this when i run it:

ProductName               Version                                IsInstalled  InstallationPath
-----------                   -------                                  -----------   ----------------
EPiServerFramework     6.0.530.0                             False

Seems weird to me that the framework is reported as not installed, but the site is working? If I try to just re-run the EPiServer.Framework.msi not much happens. The installer screen just flickers by and nothing is changed.

Has anyone experienced this?

Nov 23, 2011 15:50
Vote:

Check your EPiServer installation path if you see any files in the shared folder. %program files%\EPiServer\

Nov 23, 2011 16:19
Vote:

Yes, there are files in the shared folder. How does that help me? Could you please explain a bit more.

Nov 23, 2011 17:13
Vote:

Oh, sorry I meant you should look for a Framework folder there. In %program files%\EPiServer\ that is. You should have Framework\6.0.318.113 there. If you don't look in your installed programs and see if CMS Framework there.

Nov 24, 2011 9:40
Vote:

Yes, the Framework\6.0.318.113 folder is there. If I log in to the admin interface and check the installed modules the framework is not listed there, which I recall that it should if everything is set up correctly. So something seems to be corrupt, question is what's the easiest way to fix it? I had hoped I could just re-run the Episerver.framework.msi but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

Nov 25, 2011 13:57
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.