Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Help on implementing a first workflow

Vote:

Hello

I'm trying to make my first customized workflow by following this blog. But I can't get it to work. Could someone please help me?

• In point number 3 i should write the code for the workflow, but i can't get the ifNews.business. output.mail.send to work it says i'm might be missing an assembly reference, could someone clarify that bit for me and which assemblies i need to reference?
  • In point number 4 it says "Compile your workflow and make a reference in your project to the new made workflow!" Where and how should i make that reference?

Many thanks in advance

/Jonas

Nov 01, 2011 12:41
Vote:

Hello Jonas

I suggest looking at this tutuorial:

http://www.markeverard.com/blog/2010/09/29/developing-a-custom-workflow-in-episerver-part-one/

It more comprehensive that the post you have referenced and is a great reference for anyone who is looking to build a custom EPiServer workflow.

David

Nov 01, 2011 14:36
Vote:

Hello Jonas,

1. The ifNews.business code is just used as an example (the code isn't included or available in any referenced library). I think the author was using it to show where in the workflow code you would add any custom code you wanted to peform. If you want your custom code to send an email you will have to write your own email sending code, using the libraries available in the asp.net System.Net namespace
  2. The author suggests that your custom workflow is made as a separate project within Visual Studio. To use this workflow within EPiServer you would need to compile your workflow project and add it as a reference to your EPiServer solution

Good luck...

Edited, Nov 01, 2011 14:44
Vote:

Thanks to both of you!

I ended up following this guide, really easy to follow for a beginner such as myself.

Nov 03, 2011 10:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.