Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Displaying pages from a container in a global navigation item plug-in

Vote:

Hi

I have created a global navigation item plug-in, so far so good....

Now i want to display messages from the site admin to the editors in this plugin, the messages are stored as pages under a container in the pagetree. The container is only visible for admins and messages created should be targeted to specific editor roles by access rights.

I have a container called [messages] how do i display the pages from that container in my .aspx file created for the plugin?

Please help an EpiServer newbie :-)

/Jonas

Oct 19, 2011 14:18
Vote:

Hi

Get the children of the container and filter by access right. Then you'll have a collection of pages with the messages for that particular user.

Hope this helps

Frederik

Oct 19, 2011 20:29
Vote:

Hello Frederik!

Thanks for your reply, i used this tutorial from your website to create a pagelist, just modified it to take my container as startpage. I also found this on your website and was wondering how i could adapt the filterexample to work with the pagelist tutorial?

Edit: If I had only read the whole tutorial i would have found the answer myself =) Everything works great now.

Thank you for your help!!!

/Jonas

Edited, Oct 26, 2011 10:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.