Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

HTML tags shown on page, if not logged in as admin/editor.

Vote:

Hi

We've just upgraded to CMS 6 from CMS 5 and are experiencing a very strange problem.

HTML tags (such as <p></p>) are shown on the page when I access it. But if I enter edit mode and login, the text gets rendered properly, even if I press view mode. But when I logout again the HTML tags are visible again.

/Andreas

Jan 10, 2011 11:18
Vote:

I could add now that we found that this occur with "long string" property and not the XMHTL.

But this is still strange since it worked before with CMS 5 and it seems to be working when I'm logged in as a editor. Can anyone explain this?

edit: I also now found this, which fixed the problem:

http://world.episerver.com/Templates/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?epslanguage=en&id=39884

edit2:

We decided to execute a SQL query directly on the database and replaced all long string properties with XHTML properties by changing the fkPageDefinitionID from tblPageDefinitionType table in tblPage.

Edited, Jan 10, 2011 12:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.