Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Create a Related Documents panel

Vote:

This must have been done before and must be fairly straightforward to do but I can't find any examples. Basically I need to produce a panel of 'Related Documents' to be displayed on a content page where each document in the list contains an icon for the type of document, a link to the document, the text for the type of document (e.g. Word, PDF) and the file size of the document (e.g. 24KB, 1.14MB).

From a CMS perspective the CMS user would, when editing the page, be able to maintain a list of documents that could be anywhere in the file manager and the website display would handle all the attributes of the selected files. I have managed to do something similar for links using the LinkItemCollection property but can't see how I can acheive the same thing for documents.

Would I need to create a custom control? Maybe use the LinkItemCollection and convert each item to a document somehow so that I can get the file attributes?  

Any suggestions appreciated,

Mark

Sep 08, 2010 16:55
Vote:

Not a complete solution for you, it might be possible to simply add icons in the css to the links in the linkcollections just based on the extension of the linked file, see: http://www.psyked.co.uk/css/auto-matic-link-icons.htm

To include the file size you'd need to create a custom control i think. There is some file listing in the public or demo templates but I don't know how it's coded or if it displays the file size.

Sep 09, 2010 9:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.