Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with Composer Control indexer and file indexer

Vote:

Hi all,

We have EPiServer CMS 6 + Composer Control 4.0 and VPP that we are using we have 2 problems:

1. The site is consist of some sub pages that is works like sub site (for example Root->MySite, Root->YourSite) and each sub site need to have it's own search and if you search on each sub site it should search only that site. Till now we are OK and in search page we changed our PageLink proper to root of that sub site. On the other hand we are using composer control that you know each component on page is storing as a page in a it's hierarchy and the problem is that our search data source root page set to that root site and it doesn't recognize composer control pages. If you guys know how we can resolve that problem I will be happy to let me know. (I know it seems a little complex and for clarification let me know to give an example). 

* Totally speaking I have no idea about how search data source is working with composer control and the relation between those composer control and page how recognize by search data source!

2. The files that I am going to upload system are not show in search result (name or content of file) and if it I can put them into the index, how can I filter them to be indexed. I mean I don't want to have image in my index and want to have pdf and word file.

** I didn't found any good source material for search and behavior of it and I think it is not idea to go for reflection and grab functionality from source. So if you know any good material about how it is work, index behavior (how to rebuild, ...) please let me know :)

Thanks in advance

Aug 19, 2010 8:17
Vote:

Still no reply! Anyone can help??!

Aug 23, 2010 2:33
Vote:

Hi Aria.

Concern the searching issue in Composer.

You don't need to include and care about indexing the Composer function pages (that store the Composer function control data). All these function pages will be automatically indexed to the container page when the page is published and if the Composer indexing functionality is enabled. By default, this functionality is disable due to the performance reason. You can enable it by set the indexContent , in the config section of Composer in the web.config, to True.
(see more info here: http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-Composer/EPiServer-Composer-40---Configuration-Settings/)

Then, you also need to check if the option "Searchable Property" is set to True for the controls property that you want to be searchable in the Composer admin in Admin mode.

Regards.
Hieu Doan.

Edited, Aug 23, 2010 9:46
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.