Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Developer Enterprise License for CMS 6

Vote:

I have several sites set up on my machine and have previously used the same Developer Enterprise License for CMS 5 for all sites to avoid having to order new licenses each time I set up a project. Now I set up my second CMS 6 project and get the dreaded "Licence violation! Licence is already in use ..." message.

Is there something wrong with the Developer Enterprise licenses for CMS 6, has the behaviour changed, or was it never supposed to work this way?

Aug 17, 2010 13:13
Vote:

Hi Magnus,

With the release of CMS-6, license modal has also been changed. Now each enterprise license will support only 1 site in CMS-6. Have a look at this article:

http://world.episerver.com/Get-Started/Complex-EPiServer-CMS-Projects/Licensing/

Aug 17, 2010 14:38
Vote:

So how is the technical setup for multi domain enterprise sites done? Or is it imposible, and if so why? And how should a multidomain episerver site be setup?

Edited, Jan 05, 2011 14:44
Vote:

I am using EPIServer 6 with enterprise license.Now I have one main site and mulitple subistes.I used enterprise license for one site and if I am trying to use the same license for other site then its showing the error message "License violation! License is already in use at 1 online sites" .Does this mean that for each and every site I have to use different enterprise license for eg: If I have 5 sites then I need 5 different License files for them to work ? Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Edited, Jun 30, 2011 7:27
Vote:

Hi Rhujuta,

Yes you need a new license file for each site in an enterprise environment.

Jul 04, 2011 9:48
Vote:

When you order your developer license, ask for a multisite license in the comment box, and state the number of sites you need (10/15/20 etc).

Jul 04, 2011 13:37
Vote:

Thanks Shahid / Evest .

Jul 05, 2011 13:12
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.