Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Change virtual path for VPP

Vote:

EPiServer CMS 6, version 6.0.530.0

I have migrated an EPiServer 4 site to EPiServer CMS 5, then upgraded to CMS 6. After the migration the upload directory is declared something like this in web.config:
<add showInFileManager="true" virtualName="Upload" virtualPath="~/Upload/" bypassAccessCheck="false" indexingServiceCatalog="Web" name="Upload" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider,EPiServer" physicalPath="[PATH]\VPP\Upload" />

Renaming the physical directory to "Files_sv" and changing the line in web.config to this works ok:
<add showInFileManager="true" virtualName="svenska" virtualPath="~/Upload/" bypassAccessCheck="false" indexingServiceCatalog="Web" name="Files_sv" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider,EPiServer" physicalPath="[PATH]\VPP\Files_sv" />

But I also would like to change the virtual path to this "~/Files-sv/".

How can I change the virtual path for a virtual path provider the best way? SQL script or through the API?

/Hans

Aug 17, 2010 15:28
Vote:

I managed to do it with SQL script

DECLARE @OldPath NVARCHAR(20) = '/upload/'
DECLARE @NewPath NVARCHAR(20) = '/Files-sv/'

UPDATE
           tblUnifiedPath
SET
           [Path] = @NewPath + SUBSTRING([Path], LEN(@OldPath) + 1, LEN([Path]) - LEN(@NewPath))
WHERE
           [Path] LIKE (@OldPath + '%')

DECLARE @OldName NVARCHAR(20) = 'upload'
DECLARE @NewName NVARCHAR(20) = 'Files-sv'

UPDATE
           tblItem
SET
           [Name] = @NewName
WHERE
           [Name] = @OldName

UPDATE
           tblRelation
SET
           [ToName] = @NewName
WHERE
           [ToName] = @OldName

I have just tested it quickly, so you better test it if you try it.

/Hans

Aug 18, 2010 15:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.