Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS 6 VPP Network Share

Vote:

Hi,

I'm trying to get CMS 6 working with a network share for the VPP but I get an access denied message when trying to run the project (related to the VPP).

I have changed the path in episerver.config to point to the share \\servername\sharename and granted access to the share and folder (on the share server) to the network service account. I am trying to run the VS project on a Windows 7 machine and the share is on a machine with Windows Server 2008. Both machines are on the same network and I can access the share from the machine I am trying to run the project from.

As far as I can tell I have doen everything that I need to do but just can't get it to work. Does anybody have any ideas or know of a different approach I cou;d/should use?

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

Aug 11, 2010 15:46
Vote:

Isn't network service a local account? I think you need a domain-account as identity for the application pool, and that account should also have access to the shared VPP.

Aug 11, 2010 16:27
Vote:

Hi Erik,

Using a domain account on the app pool and network share resolved the issue. Thank you very much for your response.

Mark

Aug 12, 2010 13:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.