Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VPP not found after deployment

Vote:

Hi,

I am working on a big import job where I've imported lots of static html-files into episerver. So far it's all been going fine and now I am ready to deploy it all to our testing environment. So I've made a database back-up, made a restore on the server, moved the site files and the vpp.

Only now the site doesn't find it's files in the vpp. I can add a new file and it will show up in the proper location (with newly created folders and all), next to the existing files. And the new file will show up in the filesystem in EPiServer. But the ones previously in the VPP are nowhere to be found.

The site uses IIS 6 and SQL 2005. However in development I used IIS 7 and SQL 2008, so I had to export the database with a program calld SQL Data Compare.

So does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Jul 08, 2010 18:01
Vote:

After a more thorough check, I realized the testing environment is also using IIS 7, not 6.

Jul 08, 2010 18:05
Vote:

If you upload a new document in your test environment does it show up and you can open it? I would guess that you've a configuration error somewhere.

Jul 08, 2010 23:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.