Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

MyForumSite with CMS 6

Vote:

I am new in Episerver, and I'm worjing in a project where I have to desig a forum with CMS 6, i found a opensource code to try to create one and see how it work before start developing this project, but i get some error one of the errors is:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The database 'C:\EPISERVER\SITES\EPISERVERDEMO\EPISERVERDEMO\APP_DATA\DATABASE.MDF' cannot be opened because it is version 655. This server supports version 612 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported.

The database 'C:\EPISERVER\SITES\EPISERVERDEMO\EPISERVERDEMO\APP_DATA\DATABASE.MDF' cannot be opened because it is version 655. This server supports version 612 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported. Could not open new database 'C:\EPISERVER\SITES\EPISERVERDEMO\EPISERVERDEMO\APP_DATA\DATABASE.MDF'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\EPiServer\Sites\EPiServerDemo\EPiServerDemo\App_Data\Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

And one of the errors in visual studio is

The Type or namespace name 'ForumDataClassesDataContext'could not be found(Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference.

any help will be apreciate it. Thanks.

Jul 09, 2010 17:11
Vote:

Your database and EPiServer DLL versions are out of sync... my guess is that you're trying to use EPiServer 6 with an EPiServer 5 database?

Can't help you with the forum stuff, I'm afraid - it sounds like you're missing a DLL or a reference to a DLL.

Jul 09, 2010 18:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.