Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer upgradation problem from CMS 5 R2 to CMS 6.0 with XHTML editor

Vote:

Hi Experts,

We are facing problem with EPiServer CMS 6.0 upgradation.

Basically we have created one .aspx page and add this to the "EditorPlugIn" of EPiServer CMS 5.0 XHTML editor to create link under XHTML editor.

But when we migrated this to the EpiServer CMS 6.0 XHTML editor this plugin is not display.

The code that I am using to add editor plugin with EPIServer 5.0 version is:

[EditorPlugIn(DisplayName = "Set Property URL",
                   Usage = ToolUsage.ContextMenu | ToolUsage.Toolbar,
                   MenuGroup = "aHeaderMenu")]
    public class CustomPropertyURL : ToolBase, IInitializableTool
    {

void IInitializableTool.Initialize(HtmlEditor editor)
        {
            string dialogURL = editor.CustomToolsURL + "newpropertyurl.aspx";
            ClientSideOnClick = String.Format("OpenNewPropertyURL(this,'{0}')", dialogURL);
            ClientScriptBlock = editor.GetScriptTag("PropertyURL.js");
            ClientSideEnabled = "IsHeaderAllowed(this)";
            IconType = "gif";
            IconBase = "Custlink";

}

Can someone please guide me how I can show this plugin with new XHTML editor that installed with EpiServer CMS 6.0 version.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Jain

Apr 23, 2010 14:42
Vote:

Hi!

When upgrading to EPiServer CMS 6 you have the option to either use the EPiServer CMS 5 editor or the new Tiny MCE editor that is included in EPiServer CMS 6. When upgrading from EPiServer CMS 5 to EPiServer CMS 6 the old editor is configured by default but this can be changed through configuration. If you have selected to change editor to Tiny MCE you need to rewrite your editor plug-ins to work in Tiny MCE. Please read the Tiny MCE Developers Guide for information about this:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-60/TinyMCE-Developers-Guide/

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Apr 26, 2010 8:59
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.