Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installationproblems with EPiServer CMS 6 (6.0.530.0)

Vote:

I installed EPiServer CMS 6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 32-bit using the Application option. The server had CMS 5 R1SP1 and CMS 5 R2SP2 installed from before (but not CMS6 RC1).

I get the Version 6.0.530.0 option in the deployment center with all the usual options (Install site etc.)

But if I try to run any of them I get this error message:
Error - The term 'New-EPiCMSWizard' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again.

I have uninstalled CMS 6 and reinstalled it with no change. Same with reboot.

If I run 'Get-PPSnapin -r' in Powershell I get:

PS C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator> Get-PSSnapin -r

Name        : EPiServer.Install.CMS.5.2.375.236
PSVersion   : 1.0
Description : PowerShell snap-in for installing/unistalling EPiServer components

Name        : EPiServer.Install.CMS.6.0.530.0
Description : PowerShell snap-in for installing/unistalling EPiServer components

Name        : EPiServer.Install.Common.1

Name        : EPiServer.Upgrade.CMS5.6.0.530.0
Description : PowerShell snap-in for upgrading EPiServer components

Name        : SqlServerCmdletSnapin100
Description : This is a PowerShell snap-in that includes various SQL Server cmdlets.

Name        : SqlServerProviderSnapin100
Description : SQL Server Provider

Mar 23, 2010 17:01
Vote:

And yes I ran the setup.exe to install the release. :-)

Mar 23, 2010 17:09
Vote:

I ran into two small issues whilst trying to deploy a v6 site, though they don't seem to be related to yours

1. In my excitement, I ran the install from the unextracted zip file!
  2. There was an issue with the EPiServer Shared components folder. The install process complained that the folder didn't exist. I think this was related to a choice I made as to whether to stop the Indexer/Scheduling service (I chose yes). When I tried to install again and selected no (the process then suggested I needed a reboot to finish 6.0.530.0 installation)

After a reboot the site install worked without issue.

Mar 23, 2010 17:48
Vote:

Found the solution to the problem.

I also ran the install from the unextracted zip file, and unzipping all the files and then running setup.exe again fixed the problem. 

Here is what I did in more detail:

1. Unzipped all the installation files
  2. Ran setup.exe, it installed the EPiServer.Framework etc. automaticaly
  3. Canceled the setup
  4. Fired up Deployment Center
  5. And now it works!

Thanks Mark for the tip!

-Alexander Haneng

Mar 24, 2010 9:31
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.