Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Question on Multi-Site handling in CMS 6

Vote:

I am attempting to get a multi-site install running on CMS 6.  I just want to confirm I have the theory right.

• EPiServerFramework.config contains the domains, all mapped to site IDs.
  • EPiServer.config contains a siteSettings element that also contains that ID with all the settings for that site.

So, a request comes in.  The system looks in EPiServerFramework.config (theoretically, of course -- I realize this will be done at the object level somewhere, not by actually parsing this file) and finds the site ID for that domain name.  Then it looks into EPiServer.config to find a siteSettings element with the same ID.  It uses these settings.

Is this correct?

Feb 24, 2010 23:06
Vote:

Yes. But note that you still need a separate IIS site for each siteSetting node.

Also read: http://blog.fredrikhaglund.se/blog/2010/03/10/configuration-management-and-episerver-cms-6/

Mar 22, 2010 16:55
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.