Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Where do I put custom plugins in CMS 6?

Vote:

Hi

Just upgraded from CMS 5 to CMS 6 so now the edit and admin files have moved from my version controled source code to "Program files".

But I hade several admin plugins which were located in the admin folder together with the other admin files. But now since those files have moved and the VVP in the .config files are now refering to another path. I don't know what to do with my custom files?

Moving them to the admin folder under "Program files" doesn't seem like the best solution or is it?

Dec 29, 2010 19:47
Vote:

I usally place them inside the assambly. And have an virtual filsystem loading from the dll like this one

https://www.coderesort.com/p/epicode/browser/Itera.Media/Download_1.0/bin/Itera.AssemblyResource.dll?rev=1228&order=name

Then I tag my user/page control like this

[

Description =

Url =

Area =

LanguagePath =

GuiPlugIn(DisplayName = "UserTable","","~/AssemblyResource/Itera.Security.dll/Itera/Security/UserTable.aspx",PlugInArea.AdminMenu,"")]

Dec 29, 2010 22:03
Vote:

I usually put them in a folder, for example, the root of the project, don't forget to secure the folder in web.config

Dec 30, 2010 9:49
Vote:

If you used to have your plugin in the admin folder it sounds like you recently migrated from CMS 4? And perhaps it's not even a GuiPlugIn attribute decorated plugin you are talking about? If it's something more like customizing the existing interface then the VirtualPathMappingProvider is your friend. You can use it both to replace a file in the edit/admin interface with one in your project, and to "inject" one from your project so that it looks like it resides in the same directory as some file in edit/admin.

Dec 30, 2010 12:56
Vote:

Move your plugins to a separate folder on your web site, and make sure you secure it properly. Read this blog to learn how:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Mari-Jorgensen/Dates/2010/11/Protect-your-plugins/

Jan 02, 2011 11:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.