Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Help on setting up a blog on a new CMS 6 site

Vote:

Hi

I have installed and looked at the alloy website and tried to deconstruct it to create a blog on my on project, but i find it hard to see what i need to use. I have also found this, but it doesn't seem to cover all things needed to create a blog. Is there a good tutorial on how to do it, or could some kind person give me a nudge in the right direction? A step-by-step instruction would be great. Please help a poor man trying to learn developing on epiServer CMS 6.

/Jonas

Dec 09, 2010 9:25
Vote:

This was discussed just recently in another forum thread (please try to search the forums first).

You should be able to find the answer here:

http://world.episerver.com/Templates/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=46135&epslanguage=en

Dec 09, 2010 11:11
Vote:

Hi

Thanks for the link (i did use search, but must have missed this page somehow)

/Jonas

Dec 09, 2010 13:13
Vote:

Hi Jonas

There is a dynamic property that you need to create called BlogStart of type Page (this will point to your blogs start page). You also need to register an HttpModule:

<add name="BlogHandler" type="EPiServer.Blog.EventHandlers, EPiServer.Blog"/>

(the syntax and placement depends on which IIS version you're running).

After that, when you create a new page of the page type Blog personal start, the Date and Tags pages should get automatically created for you (by the HttpModule).

Hope this helps.

Frederik 

Dec 09, 2010 20:34
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.