Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Reset or amend a user password

Vote:

I have EPiServer CM6.0 based web site with integrated Community 4.0.

I can add new users, but I don't have ability to change password - password input fields are disabled and cannot reset or amend password when user fogot one (I don't see such functionality).

How to change own password (enable password input fields) and find "Forgot password" functionality?

Nov 29, 2010 10:47
Vote:

I've never worked with community but if you use the sql membership and role providers you can create and change passwords. If you use the multiplexing provider the sql must be the first in the multiplexing provider settings.

Nov 29, 2010 15:00
Vote:

You are right, it is possible to manege password over IIS, but I expect to have more customer friendly UI to manage own and forgotten passwords which embeded in EPiServer Edit mode.

I found a BVNetwork.EPiUserPlugins control on epicode site. Unfortunatly it doesn't support EPiServer 5.0 and 6.0 needed in big refactoring. I prefer to use any standalone EPi manage password tool. Should I emplement one by myself or it exists somewhere at Edit mode?

Thanx for response, but question is: are there UI control
Nov 29, 2010 17:07
Vote:

You have to implement it yourself. If you do something nice It would be great to share it on EpiServer codesection: http://world.episerver.com/Code/

Nov 30, 2010 14:50
Vote:

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Nov 30, 2010 14:55
Vote:

I have investigated this a little bit and come to the conclusion that you probably uses “EPiServer.Common.Web.Authorization.MembershipProvider” – this provider always return false for the function “EnablePasswordReset” that the CMS uses to verify if the provider are able to change password or not.

Change the provider to “EPiServer.Common.Web.Authorization.IntegrationMembershipProvider” and set the provider attribute to the underlying provider you want to use (I used the normal configuration for SqlMembershipProvider).

To test it out  create a new user and login with this account then the tables tblEPiServerCommonUser and tblEPiServerCommonGroup will be filled – and you have the posibility to change password in the normal CMS admin mode.

Dec 01, 2010 8:36
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.