Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Not showing all AD groups when searching in admin mode

Vote:

Hi!

I have a problem getting all the groups showing when I try to set access to certain groups. I have an AD connection to a AD 2008 and the server is a Windows 2008 Server R2.

I haven't found any thing that is different between the groups that are showing and the groups that are not showing. I'm using the ActiveDirectoryRole/MembershipProvider.

Any ideas?

Nov 23, 2010 15:32
Vote:

Is this even going to work? We have had this problem for many days now and trying to solve it and starts wondering if this is how it is suppose to work or if I'm on a completely wrong track here.

Nov 25, 2010 15:04
Vote:

I got a possible answer from a colleague of mine. This is a bug in EPiServer's ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider that causes to just show the first 1000 groups and not all of them.

Can any EPiServer employee confirm this?

Nov 25, 2010 15:36
Vote:

I have the same issue in CMS 5 R2

Sep 13, 2011 15:25
Vote:

I used a custom made provider that a colleague of mine have written to avoid the problem. I suggest you write a custom also. I don't have the code here so I can't help you anymore. 

Sep 13, 2011 15:31
Vote:

Yes there is a limitation in the AD provider. Please read Daniel Berg's post about as he tells you about another limitation (and how to get around it):

Edited, Sep 13, 2011 15:56
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.