Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Gettng build errors when using both EPiServer.dll and EPiServer.UI.dll in the same project

Vote:

This thing have been bothering me for a couple of days now.

When I try to build my project I get the errormessage: "Error 106 The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'EPiServer' (are you missing an assembly reference?)" and the I loose the intellisence for EPiserver.UI. The weird thing is that if I remove either Episerver.dll or Episerver.UI.dll and then ad them again to my References I get Intellisense back and my project finds the EPiServer.UI-namespace. That is, until I try to build it again.

The only co-worker (who wrote the code) I can ask about this problem has been sick all week

Nov 05, 2010 14:56
Vote:

The file is probably removed from the bin-folder when you build the project.

I usually put .dll-files in a separate folder, then reference them from that folder and makes sure that "Copy Local" is set to true for the reference.

Hope this will help. :)

Nov 05, 2010 15:07
Vote:

The dll-files is located in another folder and I've tried "Copy Local" to both false and true.

Nov 05, 2010 17:46
Vote:

I think the problem is that your code have a namespace or class called UI or EPiServer

Nov 05, 2010 19:45
Vote:

Double check the actual xml of your .csproj file and make sure that the reference is in there.

It should be something similar to

<Reference Include="EPiServer.UI, Version=6.0.530.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
      <SpecificVersion>False</SpecificVersion>
      <HintPath>bin\EPiServer.UI.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>
Nov 08, 2010 2:40
Vote:

Hi, EPiServer.UI.dll is depended on some other assemblies, Microsoft.Web.Services3.dll and System.Web.DataVisualization.dll if memory serves me right.

Frederik

Nov 08, 2010 8:39
Vote:

I still think this is a namespace issue....

Nov 08, 2010 8:40
Vote:

Thanks Frederik Vig for the advice! The problem resolved utself when i installed MS Charting.

Nov 09, 2010 12:45
Vote:

Microsoft Chart Controls did the trick. Install it from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14422

Sep 07, 2011 15:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.