Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Connect for SharePoint 2.2 - Configuration

Vote:

Hi,

I'm having problems getting my SharePoint connector to talk to EPiServer. I have installed the solution into SharePoint and am attempting to configure the web parts.

My web.config entry for web service authorization is as follows:

<authorization>
 <allow users="WebService" />
</authorization>

WebService is a valid user in EPiServer and I have added it to the "Allow the user to act as a web service user" setting in the Permissions for Functions setting.

I have enabled Basic Authentication.

When I try to connect from SharePoint using this user I get the following error:

Web service error occured. SoapException message: Server was unable to process request. ---> The user does not have the 'Permission.WebServiceAccess' access right to access web services, for user

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? It looks like I have everything configured correctly.

Thanks,
Robert

Nov 24, 2010 11:56
Vote:

My issue seems to have been caused by my user not being a Windows user, I had created it as a SQL user.

When I created the user on the operating system everything seemed to work ok.

Robert

Edited, Nov 25, 2010 15:02
Vote:

Hi,

Sql users also can be used.

You can find updated doc on how uathentication should be configured for SQL users.

Regards,

Sergey

Nov 29, 2010 8:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.