I just want to share a problem that I fixed.
My episerver site kept failing with the error:
Cannot resolve dependencies for the following module(s) EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule
This error could be temporarly fixed by removing and adding a assembly in the bin directory, but in edit-mode only "Preview" was available.It was not possible to add or change pages.
After very much debugging I traced the problem down to profile in web.config.The profile inherited from "EPiServer.Personalization.EPiServerProfile" and no otherproperties was available. The property tag was removed.
It seems like Episerver needs at least one property to work.After I added a property the page started working again.
This problem is now fixed.
How do I mark this as solved?
Hi Jon Haakon, long time no see :)
You cannot mark your own comment as the answer. And no-one else can mark this as answered, since only the original poster has this option. I guess the reason for this is to prevent "cheating" with the EPiServer World points by marking own comments as answers. Makes sense, really.
EPiServer should really include an option to close your own thread without points being awarded, though.
Not really fixed for everyone (for me at least).
How to fix it if previous solution fails :
1 - Do as explained here :
To make it short, make a new site with deployment center and copy dlls to C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.0.530.0\bin (where your epi cms usually is). Some dlls are in the new project and not in the ~CMS\6.0.530.0\bin folder.
2 - Copy all those new dlls to your project bin folder (or where you have your project dlls). And, updating your project references (you can erase the old dlls to make sure the right dlls are referenced).
This is what worked for me.