Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Links and fallback language

Vote:

We have a site with multiple languages, English and Chinese. English is fallback for Chinese. The problem is that links are rendered with the language selection in the URL. When I view the site in Chinese all links to the fallback pages include /en/ in the URL. If I click a link to a fallback page the whole site changes language to English. I would prefer if only the content for that page was shown in English.

Is there a way to only output links in the current language even do pages do not exist in that language?

May 11, 2012 11:03
Vote:

I don't think there's something you can configure. You would need to put something in your own URL Rewriter. What Deane suggests here for short URL is kind of similiar:

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/thread.aspx?id=58818

May 12, 2012 21:00
Vote:

Seems like an unintended flaw. I'll see if we can do anything about it...

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team 

May 14, 2012 8:06
Vote:

I have investigated this some more and the default behavior should of course be to keep the language for the site. What version are you using? Are you doing anything to the outgoing links?

May 14, 2012 14:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.