Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"404 Page Not Found" not working for recently unpublished pages

Vote:

Hi:

I found a problem in an EPiServer instalation. We have a custom "404 Page not Found" page that works fine when trying to surf to a page that does not exist. The problem shows when trying to surf to a recently unpublished page. Instead of being redirected to the 404 page I get redirected to the following page:

http://www.example.com/edit/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2recent%2unpublished%2page%2f

The problem just happens for recently unpublished pages. I checked some old unpublished pages and they redirect fine. It is just the pages that were unpublished in the last few days (don't really now exactly for how long they redirect wrong, it could be just some hours to just some days) that do not redirect right.

Any ideas where can I start looking what is wrong or any ideas why is this happening?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 17, 2012 9:26
Vote:

Use Fiddler to see what kind of http code is sent. Most likely it is not 404, but 401 Not Authorized. That explains why 404 Not Found will not apply.

Jan 17, 2012 11:08
Vote:

Thanks for the tip Mari. I just used Fiddler to see the response from the server and first I didn't manage to recreate the error I saw before. This time instead of getting the long login URL I got one of our customized error pages but it was not the 404. The server responded with 500 and one of our customized error page was displayed instead. I guess I need to do some debuggin and see what is going on the code. I will post as soon as I get more info.

Edited, Jan 19, 2012 10:08
Vote:

Hi Carlos Betancourt 

Did you found the solution. I am also facing same issue.

please let me know if you found anything on this,

Jun 01, 2016 8:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.