Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider gives partial results

Vote:

Hi

We are using the MuliplexingRoleProvider to search for groups in our Win 2008 R2 Active Directory, however we only get partial results from the EPiServer.Security.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider when searching for groups. I have actived log level ALL, but no clues there.

I did have problem with a group DN containing an escaped ',' in the AD LDAP tree before, but i fixed that in the LDAP (the error thrown then caused the group viewing to fail totally).

<roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="MultiplexingRoleProvider" cacheRolesInCookie="true">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="MultiplexingRoleProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingRoleProvider, EPiServer" provider1="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider" providerMap1="ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" provider2="WindowsRoleProvider" providerMap2="WindowsMembershipProvider" />
    <add name="ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider,Sogeti.Templates.His" connectionStringName="ActiveDirectoryProviderConnection" connectionUsername="HS\episerver" connectionPassword="password" connectionProtection="SecureSocketsLayer" attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" attributeMapRolename="cn" />  
        <add name="WindowsRoleProvider" applicationName="EPiServerSample" type="EPiServer.Security.WindowsRoleProvider, EPiServer" />
      </providers>
    </roleManager>

I'm forced to run with ldaps so i cant watch the network traffic, any hints on how to debug this or anyone who had a similiar problem ?

regards Johan

Sep 13, 2011 12:56
Vote:

How many hits do you get? There is a hardcoded maximum number of hits (1000) in the class AdsiDataFactory (method FindAll). Have a look at it with Reflector.

Could be solved by copying the code from AdsiDataFactory and making your own class with a higher limit.

Nov 14, 2011 17:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.