Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Missing Admin, Edit folders in migrated website

Vote:

Hi, I'm trying to migrate our website from 4.62 to Version 5.0. I used the migration tool, and followed the instructions as mentioned in the article. The migration got completed, but i dont have the admin,edit folders in the new website. I couldn't create,edit or administer the website. Am i missing something.

I went ahead and migrated the code, fixed all the compilation errors and copied Admin,Edit folders from old 4.62 errors. The site loads fine, i could browse the pages.

However, i get errors when i visit admin page.

Have i done anything wrong, or am i missing some steps here. Kindly help.

Aug 10, 2011 21:10
Vote:

In CMS 5 and higher the edit and admin folders don't reside inside the webroot. Instead, they are mapped into the site structure using the Virtual Path Provider. In the CMS 5 installation process you got to choose the path of the UI components. If you don't remember what you chose, check your configs for a siteSettings element with a uiUrl attribute. Say uiUrl is "~/secure/UI/" then you should be able to reach edit mode on yourhost/secure/UI/edit.

Aug 11, 2011 7:28
Vote:

Hi Magnus,

Many thanks for your reply. Now i'm able to locate it.

Aug 12, 2011 17:52
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.