Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Server Error in '/' Application.

Vote:

I have few user that have problem to access to the Intranet. All users are inte the same domain and groups so I cant figured out whats the problem is.

Anyone that have a clue?

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some or all identity references could not be translated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException: Some or all identity references could not be translated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[IdentityNotMappedException: Some or all identity references could not be translated.]

System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess) +7608576

System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(Type targetType) +100

EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider.GroupNamesFromIdentity(WindowsIdentity identity, String[] deletePrefix) +259

EPiServer.Security.WindowsRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser(String username) +110

EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser(String username) +35

System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +164

EPiServer.Security.VirtualRolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +101

System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsTheUserInAnyRole(StringCollection roles, IPrincipal principal) +123

System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +256

System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRuleCollection.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +199

System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +8778492

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Mar 21, 2011 14:32
Vote:

Are you using a AD for the users?

Mar 21, 2011 15:13
Vote:

Yes, we are using AD and we got problem after we migrated (change domain). We hava more than 500 users and I still can't understand why just few of them got the error. Especially when all the user are in the same domain and groups.

Petter - Do you have a clue?

Mar 28, 2011 20:08
Vote:

Hmm. Was thinking it could be the blank space or invalid char issue in the AD provider first but after a second glance I see that the stack trace doesn't match.

I would try and isolate what users that get the error and then try and find out what is unique with them.

Perhaps they are all part of a group that isn't synced into the server and then System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate can't find it. (just guessing here)

Mar 29, 2011 15:35
Vote:

Hi there

We're facing the same problem here. Did anyone found a solution?

Thanks and Best Regards
Xuan

Jan 17, 2012 14:49
Vote:

was it a case sensitivity issue?

Apr 19, 2012 12:46
Vote:

Hi!

Did u find any resolution to it?

Br

Henke

Nov 13, 2013 14:19
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.