Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PageList paging does not work in Web Part

Vote:

Is there a problem with using paging in a PageList inside a Web Part (the epiCode framework) ?

I just can't get to change pages, page #1 always turns up.

Aug 26, 2010 17:08
Vote:

Well, kinda created a workaround - using the __EVENTTARGET parameter to look up clicked paging control and setting the CurrentPagingItemIndex value from the control's CommandName.

I guess the problem is that the Web Part Framework stuff surrounding the PageList prevents finding the control, thus no paging is activated. It may be due to the fact that the paging controls don't exist before the DataBind() method call, I actually needed a double dataBind() call (a second call after the actual page no. was set).

Reflector is my friend, and after a few hours of browsing EPiServer / EpiCode disassembled sources it was doable.

My last question, of course, is whether this story seems plausible or if it's just me missing some obvious thing....

Aug 27, 2010 16:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.