Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Demo template forums

Vote:

Hi,

I have seen the forum in the demo templates and would like to reuse these in a forthcoming site. Has anyone got any tips for moving the demo forum in to a new project. I am reluctant to install the demo templates using Deployment Centre as the last time I tried this I had probelms with conflicting namespaces and it took quite a while to unpick it all.

At the moment I am considering manually moving the files in to a new project and manually creating the required page templates within EPiServer. Any one got any better ideas?

May 12, 2010 12:12
Vote:

If you are only going to use a few pages from the demo templates, I would recommend setting up a demo site and manually export the pages you need.

Then copy the aspx/cs files you need to your solution. If you are using resharper, it is super-simple to move your code to a different namespace. (If you do not have Resharper, it's not that big a job...)

My experience with using the full demotemplate package, is that you end up with a lot of page templates and code files that you never use. That's why I recommend doing it manually.

May 18, 2010 8:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.