Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems after upgrading to R2 SP2

Vote:

We did an upgrade from R2 to R2 SP2 to solve a known problem, but then we got a new one, bigger! The two choices Edit and Create new in the page tree menu are not available to the user on every page. They are just gray and the user we tested with belongs to the editor and administrator groups so it should have suffient rights to perform the two actions.

Anyone had  the same problem or a solution to the problem?

/Mathias

Mar 11, 2010 12:03
Vote:

I don't know how it could be related to the upgrade, and I don't know about the edit option, but create new will be disabled for a page even if the user has sufficient access rights if no languages are enabled for the subtree. It's a longshot, but check the language overview of the pages you can't publish under if any languages are enabled.

Mar 11, 2010 13:05
Vote:

Have no fear, former support team member Greger is here!

This is most likely the "This-page-is-not-available-for-the-active-language-bug" (#26280).

I'll send you a hotfix, Marcus.

If any one else encounters this issue, head over to the support section and ask for the hotfix.

Mar 12, 2010 10:35
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.