Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

mirroring on port difrent than 80

Vote:

Is is possible to configure mirroring to use port other than 80 ?

The read\write server will access the read only server webservice on port diffrent than 80 ?

Mar 03, 2010 14:47
Vote:

Hi,
it sould only be a matter of binding the website in IIS to use another port of your choosing.
Then feed that url into the remote site settings on the sender server.

Now, me being of the currious kind, I'm wondering what you'd gain from doing this? ;-)

Regards,
Morten

Mar 03, 2010 15:03
Vote:

Thanks Morten

Well , I have a client that from some reason does not want to open the connection between the read/writeserver and the read-only server.

What i need is that from the outside people will access the front web site using port 80. and from the inside will access the web service in port other than 80

Arik

Mar 04, 2010 10:06
Vote:

Hi,

I understand, in addition you can also put IP restriction on the webservices folder on the front-end so that only the backen server is allowed to access it.

//Morten

Mar 04, 2010 10:44
Vote:

Thanks Morten

How can i achieve that ? The webservices folder does not exist in the IIS

Thanks

Arik

Mar 04, 2010 11:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.