Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Url Rewriting Problem

Vote:

I have a Url rewriting requirement that has arisen which I would appreciate any input/pointers on implementing. The diagram below shows a segment of the site tree as it stands:

- Home

-- News [News Listing - points to [News] below to get its data]

---- News-Item-1 [News Item NOT IN SITE TREE]

---- News-Item-2 [News Item NOT IN SITE TREE]

-- Page

---- News [News Listing - points to [News] below to get its data]

------ News-Item-1 [News Item NOT IN SITE TREE]

- [News]

-- News-Item-1 [News Item]

-- News-Item-2 [News Item]

Basically, the client adds all their news articles into the [News] container (outside the site tree) and categorises. They can also add News Listing pages at any level of the site tree, point the pagelist to the [News] container, and specify some categories to get a filtered list of news articles. This all works fine, but what is also required (using the example above) is that the end user be able to access the news articles with the Urls’s:

/News/News-Item-1

/News/News-Item-2

/Page/News/News-Item-1

Rather than the actual Urls:

/[News]/News-Item-1

/[News]/News-Item-2

I hope that makes some sense!!!

Paul

Feb 10, 2010 19:14
Vote:

One solution could be:
When you output the links to pages that aint in the structur you could have the form like this;
<a href="/xxxx/Page,aspx?id=10&ShowMenuFrom=12

You could then rewrite the path based on the ShowMenuFrom an add to the current page(page id=10) relative path

You then need to show the menu basesd on the ShowMenuFrom parameter of course

Feb 10, 2010 22:26
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.