Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Submit multiple xforms with one button / weave xforms into oneanother

Vote:

we're trying to adapt the forms-generator capabilities of episerver to our clients needs that involve dynamically adding input fields to a form given certain criteria.

For example, in a web shop, you often have the option of specifying a different address for receiving the merchandise than the address for receiving teh invoice. Upon checking a checkbox entitled "click here to specify an alternative address for invocing", a set of new input fields would appear. 

Any thoughts on doing this with xforms in episerver cms 5?

I've thought about splitting the form so that there is an address-form that may appear 1 or two times, and another form for the other info needed in the form.

How would I go about making sure that all the info from all the three different xforms being displayed on a page would be saved correctly?

Any thoughts on alternative solutions would be appreciated also!

br

Jørgen 

May 08, 2009 16:48
Vote:

Dear Jorgen,

I am facing exactly the same issue with the codebase that I am working on at the moment with v5 R2.  I was thinking along the lines of a multicast delegate to fire all the save events in success, though of course this will not allow the saving of the form as a single instance. Perhaps this would involve some code to merge the XML elements that are completed and contained in the  <instance> tag?  But what about the raw dump at the bottom of the XForm?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Mar 14, 2011 18:34
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.