Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Newbie: Architecture Question

Vote:

Hi All,

We are in the process of design a e-Commerce site. One of the NFR is to edit a product description using rich user interface which does not get stored into the products table but to a CM system and also few other CM requirements like being able to edit ads shown on each specific product page.

We are considering EPiServer for this functionality; however our NFR requirements forced us to use only ASP.Net native capabilities to build the web pages (Presentation Layer) and provide holes/fragments within the page which will be filled by content stored/provided by the content editor in EPiServer Editor.

The holes or fragments in the web page will fetch the content using web Service provided by EPiServer.

I have no prior experience with EPiServer, So I request to guide me on how to achieve this using EpiServer? And also point to me towards resources which I needs to read and understand.

Note: We would not like to use any EPiServer ASPX controls in the web pages to keep things as decoupled as possible (we would like to use only the EPiServer web service, If required we are ready to create separate set of web pages which can be utilized to edit the content and we are ready to use EPiServer controls on these web pages)

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Regards,

kishor 

Apr 06, 2009 8:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.