Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hide upload folder in file management

Vote:

Hi,

I'm stuck with this issue for weeks now. Please help.

Access rights works fine for upload folder. However, I'm trying to Hide the non relevant folders (requirement) from the user. They basically shouldn't be even able to view it. 

Please help.

I tried this as well:

add the user folder to favorites and hide the upload folder(showinfilemanager="false") 

but when I click on user folder under favorites: it throws runtime error.

Any help greatly appreciated 
Apr 07, 2009 12:21
Vote:

I get this error when I try to hide uplaod and access user folder from fav:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException() +28
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +7452124
EPiServer.UI.Hosting.NavigationPath.BuildCookieCrumb() +443
EPiServer.UI.Hosting.NavigationPath.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +20
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +265
System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +80
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableRowControlCollection.Add(Control child) +43
System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.AddAt(Int32 index, Control child) +33
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableRowControlCollection.AddAt(Int32 index, Control child) +48
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableRowCollection.Insert(Int32 index, HtmlTableRow row) +32
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableRowCollection.Add(HtmlTableRow row) +8
EPiServer.UI.Hosting.VirtualPathFileManager.LoadUserControl(String dialogName) +365
EPiServer.UI.Hosting.VirtualPathFileManager.CreateChildControls() +338
EPiServer.UI.Hosting.VirtualPathFileManager.DataBind() +50
EPiServer.UI.Hosting.VirtualPathFileManager.virtualPathControl_VirtualPathChanged(Object sender, VirtualPathChangedEventArgs args) +80
EPiServer.UI.Hosting.VirtualPathChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, VirtualPathChangedEventArgs e) +0
EPiServer.UI.Hosting.VirtualPathControl.RaiseVirtualPathChangedEvent(String virtualPath) +47
EPiServer.UI.Hosting.VirtualPathNavigator.RaiseVirtualPathChanged() +85
EPiServer.UI.Hosting.VirtualPathNavigator.HandleButtonControlClick(Object sender, EventArgs args) +212
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +79
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +175
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint

Apr 07, 2009 12:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.