Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using a FileShare for the VPP files

Vote:

Hi.

I am trying to set up two load balanced servers to use a fileshare for the VPP files. I have mapped a network drive to the fileshare i Windows Explorer, but when I enter the path to the newtork drive in web.condig, physicalPath="Z:\VPP\acta.no\Global", I get an error: Could not find a part of the path 'Z:\VPP\acta.no\Global' 

The "Network Service" account on my load balanced servers have read and write access to the share. Do I need to give more access rights?

Does anyone know what can be wrong? Is it not possible to use a fileshare for VPP in EPiServer CMS 5.2? The environment runs on Win 2003 Server.

Br, Tore Gjerdrum

Mar 09, 2009 14:23
Vote:

I don't think you can use drive letters like that, they are bound to a specific user if I'm not mistaken. You should be able to use the server name directly in the path instead.

Mar 09, 2009 15:18
Vote:

We use fileshares but with UNC name instead. Remeber that the user that execute your ASP:NET code must have access rights.

I usually set the identity of the user that runs an application pool to a domain user.

Since you can not do this on XP (easily) it is best to develop and dubug with cassini so you run as the current user when you access the network.

Mar 09, 2009 15:34
Vote:

Edited, Mar 09, 2009 15:59
Vote:

Hi Per and Fredrik.

Thanks for you answers. Using the machine name did the trick! It works to read and upload files now.

Thanks for the help!

Br, Tore

Mar 09, 2009 16:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.