Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Category name vs. Category description

Vote:

In my R2 site I have defined several Categories with both name and description. The  description values are different from then name values in my case, since I need an extra value besides the Category ID that is system generated.

When later on editing categories on a page in edit mode, I expected the value defined in the "name" field of the property to show up, but instead the values entered in the "description" fields are the ones that are displayed.

Is this the expected behaviour, or perhaps a bug in CMS R2? In previous solutions I have always used the same values in "name" and "description", and therefore does not know if this has been the case in prevoius versions of EPiServer.

Feb 23, 2009 8:53
Vote:

Name is the programmatic name, Description is the display name. Bad naming of description I guess.

Feb 23, 2009 15:34
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.