Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

dynamic property and page property with the same name

Vote:

Hulloh,

when there exists a dynamic property and page property with the same name, is there in CMS5 a predictable behaviour (by design) for what will be selected?

I've had some trouble with this earlier in EPiServer 4. 

I assume and hope that the page property will override the dynamic property if it is set but need a confirmation that this really is the way it is designed. 

Dec 22, 2009 8:16
Vote:

Hi

Your assumption is correct, the page property should override the dynamic property in that case.

If there is a scenario where that doesn't happen I would consider that a bug, and would be grateful for any reports on how to reproduce the fault.

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer development team

Dec 22, 2009 9:19
Vote:

What Per says is true. :)  I know this is documented "somewhere" that I've seen in the past few days though I can't seem to recall where at this moment.  It's also part the EPiServer Developer course.  In any case, the following SDK page suggests the flow of logic when accessing a property in the section "What happens when you access a property?"

http://sdk.episerver.com/library/cms5/Developers%20Guide/Working%20with%20page%20properties.htm

Dec 30, 2009 20:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.