Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error installing database on Windows Server 2008

Vote:

I'm trying to install EPiServer on Windows Server 2008, but keep getting the following error when installing a database. I've tried to use both the full episerver setup and also if i choose "Install SQL server database" from EPIServer Deployment Center, but gets the same error.

************ ERROR MESSAGE START ******************************

Started a transacted install
Executing database script "C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.236\Database\MSSQL\EPiServerRelease52.sql"

An unhandled error has occured:
Could not find the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Workflow Fou
ndation\SQL\EN\ directory, Windows Workflow Foundation objects cannot be instal
led
When executing

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.236\Install\System Scripts\Inst
all Database (SqlServer).ps1:119 char:18
+   New-EPiSqlSvrDB <<<<  `

False
=
Get-EPiIsBulkInstalling
Error - System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: The WriteObject and WriteError methods cannot be called from outside the overrides of the BeginProcessing, ProcessRecord, and EndProcessing methods, and only from that same thread. Validate that the cmdlet makes these calls correctly, or please contact Microsoft Support Services. ---> System.Management.Automation.PSInvalidOperationException: The WriteObject and WriteError methods cannot be called from outside the overrides of the BeginProcessing, ProcessRecord, and EndProcessing methods, and only from that same thread. Validate that the cmdlet makes these calls correctly, or please contact Microsoft Support Services.
   vid System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.ThrowIfWriteNotPermitted(Boolean needsToWriteToPipeline)
   vid System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.WriteHelper_ShouldWrite(ActionPreference preference, ContinueStatus lastContinueStatus)
   vid System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.WriteWarning(WarningRecord record)
   vid System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.WriteWarning(String text)
   vid System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.WriteWarning(String text)
   vid EPiServer.Install.UI.CmdletProgressHelper.WriteWarning(String message)
   vid EPiServer.Install.UI.CmdletProgressHelper.Progress_Updated(Object sender, ProgressEventArgs e)
   vid System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   vid EPiServer.Install.InstallationManager.WriteProgress(ProgressType type, String message)
   vid EPiServer.Install.InstallationManager.RollbackBulkInstall()
   vid EPiServer.Install.Common.Cmdlets.RollbackBulkInstallCmdlet.ProcessRecord()
   vid System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoProcessRecord()
   vid System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()
   --- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---
   vid System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)
   vid System.Management.Automation.PipelineNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)
   vid System.Management.Automation.StatementListNode.ExecuteStatement(ParseTreeNode statement, Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)

Dec 10, 2009 16:23
Vote:

Hello Calle.

I had the same error, look in the path below and verify that \EN\ exits on your computer, I gues you only have a \sv\ folder and \EN\ is missing?

Could not find the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Workflow Fou
ndation\SQL\EN\ directory, Windows Workflow Foundation objects cannot be instal
led

I solved it by copying an \en\ folder from another computer.

Dec 11, 2009 11:12
Vote:

I got this error using swedish version of Windows 7. I solved it by duplicating the existing 'sv' and named it 'en' as somone wrote before here on epiworld

Dec 01, 2010 0:25
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.