Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Import problem

Vote:

Hi

Im doing exports from one EpiServer instance, but when I try to import it into another instance, I get the following exception. The episerver instance Im trying to import to, is pretty empty (yes, I have tried this in many ways), but still I get the same problem. It very much seems like it get stuck when it gets to an instance of specific pagetyp.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to succeed with this import ?

Is it possible to do an  import in another way, or what ?

Very thankful for any advice

The exception message from the Log:

2008-12-11 12:30:37,631 ERROR [5] EPiServer.Core.Transfer.TransferLogger.Error - 10.5.3 Export/import error: Exception: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblWorkProperty'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tblWorkProperty'.[]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblWorkProperty'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tblWorkProperty'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at EPiServer.DataAccess.AbstractCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageSaveDB.CreatePageVersion(String currentUser)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageSaveDB.CreateAndSave(SaveAction action, String currentUser)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageSaveDB.Save(PageData page, SaveAction action, String currentUser)
at EPiServer.LocalPageProvider.Save(PageData page, SaveAction action)
at EPiServer.DataFactory.Save(PageData page, SaveAction action, AccessLevel access)
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.PageTransfer.ImportPageLanguage(PageReference destinationLink, RawPage page, AccessLevel requiredDestinationAccess)
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.PageTransfer.Import(ITransferPageData page, AccessLevel requiredDestinationAccess)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ImportPages(XmlTextReader reader, ZipPackage package)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ImportRaw(ZipPackage package)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.Import()

Dec 11, 2008 12:36
Vote:

There is a bug in R2 release that can occour if a imported page exist in more than two languages and it has language specific properties. The stacktrace for that error looks like the one you describe.

That is fixed and will be available in CMS 5 R2 SP1 which should be available soon (hopefully january)

Dec 12, 2008 13:46
Vote:

Edited, Nov 11, 2009 16:35
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.