Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EpiServer + ASP.NET Services + Web.config administration tool (WAT)

Vote:

Greetings,

I am having a few issues with using the web.config administration tool, on an EpiServer project that has been setup (Via EpiServer) to use the ASP.NET membership stuff.

The issue is, after launching the WAT tool from VS 2008, when you go to the Security tab, of the WAT tool - it tells you the following:

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: c:\Users\matt.millross\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\01bcbe76\aaefefa4\App_Code.jt5vowwp.0.cs(118): error CS1519: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

The Membership provider it set to SqlServerMembershipProvider and tests successfully, the Role provider is SqlServerRoleProvider, and tests successfully.

The following items are present and correct in web.config and connectionstrings.config

1.) Role manager/Providers stuff (All generated by EpiServer)
2.) Role manager enabled
3.) SqlServerMembershipProvider Test succeeds
4.) DB Server (Network server, rather than local SQL)

Now, the SQL Server in question here is a networked SQL server 2005 box, i have managed to get it all to work, but only on a local SQL database, using SQL Express. (By setting up a-fresh copy, with local Express connection string rather than networked 2005)

Can anybody tell me why it refuses to work, using a "proper" installation/instance of SQL Server, that is not local to my machine, nor SQLExpress? The error message is so vague, so i don't know if it's trying to tell me that i've missed a key configuration entry that is required, or whether I have to do something specific to make it work on a SQL 2005 instance, rather than local Express instance.

Any relevant ideas/advice welcomed. Happy to provide more info on request, if i've missed anything out.

Thanks

Matt

Dec 05, 2008 12:50
Vote:

- Just to re-iterate, by ASP.NET Services, I mean "Membership Services", not web services, or any other services.
Dec 05, 2008 12:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.