Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

workflows definitions gone

Vote:

Hi

I've installed the CMS R2 with the public templates.

I can't find the buil in workflows anywhere.

the Administration of Workflows in the admin mode is empty

Arik

Oct 07, 2008 15:19
Vote:

In R2 the build in definitions are outcommented in web.config by default.

To get the built in workflows registered you have to add the definition elements in web.config. So you should make sure you have a section like:

<workflowSettings workflowDelayedLoading="false">
      <workflowHost type="EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.AspNetWorkflowManager,EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation" />
    <definitions>
       <definition
          name="Sequential Approval"
          description="A sequential approval workflow for pages"
           type="EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.Workflows.SequentialApproval,EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation" />
       <definition
           name="Parallel Approval"
           description="A paralell approval workflow for pages"
           type="EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.Workflows.ParallelApproval,EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation" />
        <definition
            name="Request for feedback"
            description="Assigns request for feedback tasks to users/roles"
            type="EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.Workflows.RequestForFeedback,EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation" />
        <definition
             name="Ready for translation"
              description="Assigns translation tasks to users/roles"
              type="EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.Workflows.ReadyForTranslation,EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation" />
    </definitions>

Edited, Oct 08, 2008 13:15
Vote:

Hi

Please advise why the default sequential WFlow does not stop the page from being published. OR notify via mail ? I have checked that the mail server sends mails with a custom app. (even if mail is not working the page should not be pubished.?)

What I'm expecting is that I configure the Wflow to fire on page creations and link it to an area in epi e.g news section.. that then mails the group i set under the 'Start Parameters' and the group of users should receive notification that a page has been created, then they approve it + it gets published? on thing that does concern me is that in the 'Start Parameters' section the text says 'Approval Workflow for Page {PageName}'

should it not have a proper name depending on my settings?

Thanks

Steven

Nov 20, 2008 18:34
Vote:

Ok.. I received a mail, now.. I set it to all pages for now to get some results..

I'm still expecting the page to not be published then approved by a user? should i jus tlock down the user account that creates pages to not have publish rights?

Steven

Nov 20, 2008 19:06
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.