Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS loses information when switching between preview and edit mode.

Vote:

Hi All,

One of our clients is running EPiServer CMS 7 (7.0.586.16) and is having a weird problem. It doesn't happen consistently, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

The problem is as follows:
Sometimes when a page is opened in edit mode and some properties are modified then preview mode is enabled by clicking the preview mode icon; preview mode is presenting the right data (after loading for a short while). Then, when clicking the preview mode button again to go back to edit mode the changes are gone and you'll see the published content. I don't see anything strange happening in the browsers developement tools.
Again, this just happens every now and then, not always.

Also, I can't seem to find an existing ticket for this issue.
Does anyone have any clue? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Robert.

Feb 17, 2015 13:43
Vote:

Is this happening to all properties or is it just custom properties?

Feb 17, 2015 14:41
Vote:

Hi Henrik,

I've tested/observed it on a custom property which looks like this:

[Editable(true)]
[CultureSpecific]
[Display(
  Name = "Main text",
  Description = "",
  GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content,
  Order = 12)]
public virtual XhtmlString MainBody { get; set; }

I just changed some text and performed the steps I described in the OP.

One important thing I forgot to mention is that it doesn't seem to happen in our development environment.

Feb 17, 2015 14:49
Vote:

With custom I meen someone with it's own implementation of for example PropertyLongString. That does look like an ordinary XHtmlString proprty.

If it is just happening in production I would try to look more into eventnotification, that is where we have had problems in the past. Do you have a load balanced production enviroment?

Feb 17, 2015 15:01
Vote:

We're seeing this same problem with our own company site which is also on 7.0. (xhtmlstring property, no custom ones)

I also don't recall seeing a specific bug report for this, mainly as the bug is difficult to reproduce consistently. 

Switching between preview and edit is very much improved in later versions, so I'm thinking the only reliable solution is to upgrade.

Edited, Feb 18, 2015 10:41
Vote:

<p>As Arild states, there were a few glitches that could cause this in EPiServer CMS 7. I think all known issues have been fixed in later versions of EPiServer CMs 7.5 and above so I would recommend an update which will also give you lots of other UI improvements and bug fixes.</p>
Feb 18, 2015 10:52
Vote:

Fortunately an upgrade to 7.5 is planned in the near future so that should hopefully resolve this issue.
Thanks all for taking the time to reply!

Robert.

Feb 18, 2015 11:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.