Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is EPiServer provide out of box support Forum and chat kind of things for the web application for the end user?

Vote:

Hi Team,

I am planing to do POC on EPiServer ther I need few details. Could you please let me know that Is EPiServer provide out of box support Forum and chat kind of things for the web application for the end user or is ther any other way to implement those?

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Karthik Asaithambi
Jan 22, 2015 13:40
Vote:

Hi Karthik,

For out of the box support Forum, we have EPiServer-Relate

What is your "chat kind of things for the web application"? A chat for end-user to end-user, or a chat for end-user to Editor/Admin of the site (live support)?

Jan 23, 2015 9:37
Vote:

Hi THACH Nguyen,

Thanks for addressed this. I need the chat funcationality for end-user to end-user and also looking for the add-on for Forum functionality inside the web application for the end-user to end-user or end-user to user-group.

Thanks!

Regards,
Karthik Asaithambi  
Jan 23, 2015 11:46
Vote:

Hi Karthik,

As I said, out of the box support Forum, we have EPiServer-Relate product

A chat for end-user to end-user, there is nothing like this out of the box. But if you want to implement it by yourself, there is no problem.
EPiServer has an add-on ContentCollaboration, which utilize SignalR for realtime communication between (authenticated) editor to (authenticated) editor.

I believe it is not too complex to use it as a starting point for your chat POI.

Jan 26, 2015 4:11
Vote:

Here is the link to Content Collaboration add-on http://www.episerver.com/add-on-store/episerver-content-collaboration/

http://webhelp.episerver.com/addons/contentcollaboration/

Jan 26, 2015 4:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.